Meeting and incentive travel planners: Are you looking for a new tropical destination with unique experiences to motivate your attendees? Visit a cruise line private island!
Over the last few years, cruise lines have been busy developing and transforming their own private island experiences in the Bahamas and Caribbean. These exclusive ports are sure to be favorite group destinations, and the perfect reward for a job well done. They’re great additions to short cruise itineraries!
These exclusive tropical paradises have everything your incentive cruise or meeting at sea group could ask for: Gorgeous white-sand beaches, watersports, tranquil areas for relaxation, private cabanas & spa services, food and bar venues, entertainment, and evening events, island adventures, shopping, and so much more…
Here are a few of the amazing “new” tropical islands you’ve probably never heard of, as well as a few that are worth re-discovering. All offer unique experiences for you and your group.
5 Cruise Line Private Islands With Awesome Experiences
1. Bimini Beach Club, Bahamas (Virgin Voyages)
The Beach Club at Bimini features a chic, stylish setting with white sand and crystal clear waters. The Beach Club will overlook the ocean with an expansive, lagoon-style pool. Virgin promises the programming will rival the best beach clubs in Ibiza and Saint-Tropez.
Unique Experiences at Bimini Beach Club Will Include:
- Morning meditation and yoga at the Beach Club
- Afternoon DJ-led pool and “floatilla” parties
- Beach bonfire in the evening with an acoustic musical performance
- 5-night voyages include a signature “fireball” ritual performance
2. Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas (Royal Caribbean International)
After a $250 million transformation, Royal Caribbean’s private island in The Bahamas is the ultimate combination of “thrills and chills.” Your adrenaline-seeking attendees will find plenty of ways to put their courage to the test, while guests looking to relax will appreciate freshwater pool, pristine beaches, and crystal-clear water.
Unique Experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay Include:
- Thrill Waterpark, with 13 waterslides including Daredevil’s Peak– the tallest waterslide in North America
- Oasis Lagoon, the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean with three distinct coves, an underwater sound system, and an expansive swim-up bar
- Adventure Pool, an interactive obstacle course on water features floating lily pads, a rock-climbing wall and two swing ropes
- Up, Up and Away, a helium balloon attraction floats up to 450 feet high, allowing guests to take in the island from the highest vantage point in The Bahamas
- Infinity Pool at upscale Coco Beach Club, a beachfront infinity pool that spans 2,600 feet
- Overwater cabanas, each with its own slide into the ocean – a first in the Bahamas
3. Ocean Cay MSC Nature Reserve, Bahamas (MSC Cruises)
With endless ocean views, crystal clear waters, and miles of pristine white sand spread over seven distinct beach areas, this cruise line private island paradise will soon be ready to welcome MSC Cruises guests.
MSC is working in collaboration with the Bahamian Government and ecologists to transform the cay from a sand extraction site into a marine reserve with 40 acres of beaches. Good news! The Ocean Cay team is already seeing an increase in marine life in the area
Unique Experiences at Ocean Cay Marine Reserve Will Include:
- The Spa at Ocean Cay offering yoga on the beach and relaxing facial and body treatments
- Various evening entertainment including a light show around the 98 ft. lighthouse at the center of the island, and movies under the stars
- A traditional Junkanoo parade, a Bahamian festival, and feast with colorful costumes, music, and dancing
- Wide variety of shore excursions including stand-up paddleboarding, parasailing, snorkeling, and stargazing in the evenings.
Watch the new video of MSC Ocean Cay.
4. Labadee, Haiti (Royal Caribbean International)
Labadee is Royal Caribbean’s private island experience on the northern coast of Haiti. Here your participants can get their hearts pumping on an alpine coaster one minute, and swing in a hammock the next. All right in the middle of rolling jungles and sparkling beaches.
Unique Experiences at Labadee Include:
- Soar along the Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, the world’s longest zip line over water, and see Labadee from 500 feet above ground
- Catch some of the best views of Labadee while coasting down a mountainside at 30 miles per hour on the Dragon’s Tail Coaster
- Or climb the only icebergs in the Caribbean at Arawak Aqua Park
5. Harvest Caye, Belize (Norwegian Cruise Line)
Harvest Caye is Norwegian Cruise Line’s coveted Caribbean destination in southern Belize. The 75-acre oasis boasts natural beauty and culture. a salt-water lagoon for water sports, an exclusive 7-acre beach, and exciting shore excursions.
Unique Experiences at Harvest Caye Include:
- Luxury cabins by the sea with capacity for up to 6 guests, concierge service for meals and drinks
- The Flighthouse, with 3,000 feet of zip line that crosses the island, platforms for freefall jumps and a viewpoint to enjoy the landscape of the mainland.
- Saltwater lagoon for water sports such as kayaking, paddling, and boating.
- 15,000 square foot swimming pool. featuring an under the bridge section, waterfalls, a swim-up bar with in-water seating
Bonus: 2 More Awesome Private Island Experiences
Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas (Norwegian Cruise Line)
Great Stirrup Cay is the first private island getaway developed by a cruise line. Norwegian Cruise Line recently invested $25 million to preserve and enhance this 250-acre Bahamian paradise.
Unique Experience: Swimming with the Pigs
The pigs at Treasure Island are good natured and fairly curious creatures. As part of this unique Great Stirrup Cay excursion, sticks and apples are distributed to visitors. After some instruction on how to feed them, you can feed the pigs to your heart’s content!
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Carnival Cruise Line
Half Moon Cay won the award for Best Private Island at Porthole Cruise Magazine for 17 consecutive years. Tropical wonders and natural beauty abound at this pristine private island, reserved exclusively for Carnival and Holland America Cruise Line guests.
Unique Experience: Horseback Riding by Land & Sea
Carnival and Holland America Cruise guests can experience a rare opportunity to ride horses both on land and sea during this exhilarating adventure.