What destination is topping everyone’s “must-see” list this year? It’s Iceland – a tiny island nation that few travelers have yet to discover. ‘This exotic, snow-capped paradise offers something for everyone and is one of the world’s hottest incentive travel destinations.
Experience the Wonders of Iceland on a Windstar Yacht
What better way to discover Iceland’s dramatic landscapes, remote fjords, raging waterfalls, and tiny fishing villages than on your own privately chartered Windstar mega-yacht? With only 106 premium suites, newly refurbished Star Legend and Star Pride are small enough to take you way beyond the tourist hot spots.
The 7-night itinerary includes an overnight stay in Seydisfjordur, a gateway to some of Iceland’s most stunning waterfall. and site of your complimentary Windstar Discovery Event (keep reading for more on this exclusive destination experience).
Authentic Experiences in the Heart of Iceland
When choosing an incentive travel destination, meeting planners know it needs to offer unique, authentic experiences. Windstar’s adventure cruise around Iceland offers plenty of inspiring options!
Popular Highlights of Windstar’s Cruise Around Iceland
- Soak in Reykjavik’s famous Blue Lagoon, a soothing 98-104°F year-round
- Sail past Surtsey Island, the youngest place on earth, created by an eruption in 1963
- Visit the island of Heimaey, Pompeii of the North, covered in ash by a 1973 eruption
- Hike to Hengifoss Waterfall, a silver tendril falling over cliffs striped by red strata
- Stroll through the Botanical Gardens of Akureyri, located in the banana belt of Iceland
- Take a polar flight to Grimsey Island and stand half in, half out of the Arctic Circle
- Witness the rainbow-colored beauty of Godafoss, “Waterfall of the Gods”
- Meet a friendly Icelandic horse, imported by the Vikings in the 9th or 10th century A.D.
- Visit Vigur Island, home to eider ducks, puffins, black guillemots, Arctic terns, and more
- Sample “Viking sushi” (fermented shark), the national dish of Iceland
Unique Destination Discovery Event
Every Windstar cruise includes an exclusive, complimentary “Destination Discovery Event” specially crafted to immerse guests into the unique culture of the place they’re visiting. In Iceland, your event takes place in colorful Seydisfjordur.
Upon arrival in this picturesque town, your eye will be drawn to the photogenic Blue Church – this is where your group will enjoy a concert as well as popular local drinks and canapés – including reindeer meat, the Icelandic delicacy.
After the performance, a traditional ring dance will be performed outside the church, and your participants will be encouraged to join in. Since your cruise includes an overnight in Seydisfjordur, they’ll have plenty of time to mingle with the locals or check out the town’s local bar before returning to the ship.
To learn more about Windstar Yacht cruises around Iceland, give Landry & Kling a call at 305-661-1800 or email us: email@example.com.