Silversea announced that the luxury cruise line is investing $170 million for the biggest fleet-wide refurbishment plan in its history. The extreme ship makeover, largely influenced by feedback from World Cruisers, will begin in late fall 2016.
The Silversea fleet refurbishment is great news for meeting & incentive travel planners who are looking for an all-inclusive luxury venue for a group event or exclusive ship charter.
Full details of the Silversea fleet refurbishment have not been released, but here’s what we know so far:
Silver Whisper (194 suites)
- Refurbished suites will feature bathrooms with dark emperor marble flooring
- Public spaces will be refreshed, deck space will feature a freshly tiled pool and new chaise lounges
- Dining venues will receive new plush carpet or parquet flooring as well as new furniture
- Addition of two satellite antennas will vastly improve Internet speeds enabling guests to take advantage of the new, interactive TVs and on-demand movies available in every suite.
- Refurbishment will take place by the end of 2016
Silver Wind (148 suites)
- Ship will receive same upgrades to cabins, technology and restaurants as Silver Whisper
- The pool deck will receive all new teak decking, giving Silver Wind the feel of a luxury yacht
- Refurbishment to take place during October 2016 dry dock
Silver Discover (60 suites)
- The expedition ship’s public spaces will be refreshed: the Restaurant remodeled with a more contemporary look, the pool grill will get new furniture, and the Discoverer Lounge will be transformed from a breakfast venue into a sophisticated lounge.
- The Explorer Lounge will receive new AV technology and furniture.
- Refurbishment scheduled during October 2016 dry dock
We’ll continue to update our blog as we receive more news about the Silversea fleet renovations. In the meantime, if you would like to book a group or charter one of Silversea’s beautiful ships, give Landry & Kling a call at 305-661-1880 or email email@example.com. You can also contact us for a group or charter quote.