Breaking cruise news that meeting and event planners are sure to love: Lindblad Expeditions has signed definitive agreements for the newbuilds of two U.S. flagged coastal vessels. The first ship is scheduled to be delivered in the second quarter of 2017 with the second vessel expected during the second quarter of 2018. Why is this big news for planning pros? Read on…
Some features of the new vessels include:
- 50 cabins: 22 with balconies, and eight that can be configured into four adjoining cabins for families.
- As the primary focus is the world outside, all public spaces are designed for maximum viewing with easy, quick access to decks for inevitable announcements from the bridge of a phenomenal sighting.
- An outdoor walkway around the entire sun deck, which will feature an al fresco bar and grill, in addition to the restaurant and a lounge with bar and facilities for presentations.
- A fleet of sea kayaks, paddle boards, and specially designed landing craft – all of which are geared to get guests out and into the wild, remote places being explored.
- A fully equipped fitness room and a Wellness spa.
- State-of-the-art expedition technology, including a remotely operated vehicle (ROV), video microscope, and a hydrophone and bow-cam designed for immediate bow deployment to hear and film, for instance, humpback whale vocalizations and see bow-riding dolphins.
- Full warm and cold water diving gear and underwater cameras for the Undersea Specialist to bring back rare imagery of the undersea world.
- State-of-the-art A/V system for the highest quality presentations, including National Geographic photography instruction.
Why this is fantastic news for meeting planners:
- Close-to-home venues that are equipped for expeditions, unlike anything found on land in the USA.
- A US-flagged vessel means your meeting is tax-deductible up to $2,000 per attendee.
- With a capacity of 100 passengers each, the vessels are the perfect size for private ship charter.
- Unique, immersive experiences are included – you’ll travel with an expedition team and National Geographic-certified photographers.
- Lindblad works in partnership with National Geographic to inspire people to explore and care for the planet.