Crystal Cruise Ship Makeovers: The Evolution of Luxury at Sea
How do you top perfection? Crystal has found a way. The award-winning “World’s Best” cruise line is making a multi-million-dollar investment in Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity to deliver elevated levels of luxury and personalized experiences. The reduced ship capacities also fill an industry gap for charters; no one else in the world of cruise meetings and events offers just 424 rooms or 490 rooms with the highest level of service.
These mid-sized Crystal Cruise ships have always been excellent venues for private cruise charters and upscale corporate groups, but soon they will exceed all expectations. When 848-passenger Crystal Symphony and 980-passenger Crystal Serenity emerge from their longest-ever makeovers they’ll feature brand new suites and penthouses, new and expanded dining options with open seating, and more state-of-the-art technologies including free, unlimited Wi-Fi.
The “new” Crystal Symphony will be revealed October, 2017, and Crystal Serenity in November, 2018.
Here are a few highlights of the reimagined Crystal cruise ships, followed by a new video:
New Suites, More Space
Crystal Symphony introduces two new suite categories, Seabreeze Penthouse Suites and Seabreeze Penthouses. Each will offer large, luxury showers with body jets instead of bathtubs, and a unique entryway connecting two Seabreeze Penthouses.
Crystal Serenity will covert several staterooms to the ship’s spacious Penthouse and Penthouse Suite categories.
With the conversion of standard staterooms to penthouses, guest capacity will be reduced from 922 to 848 guests on Crystal Symphony, and from 1,070 to 980 guests on Crystal Serenity. This reduction will elevate the ships’ acclaimed service and increase the already generous space ratios to be among the highest at sea.
New High-Tech Ship Luxuries
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi, available across all devices – laptops, tablets and smartphones – with new SpeedNet accelerators doubling satellite speed
- Crystal Connect, a dedicated Internet portal and digital app featuring ship’s daily newsletter and Newspapers Direct (international news services), access to bookings for spa appointments and Crystal Adventure shore excursions, and more
- HD ultra-thin 42” interactive TVs in every stateroom, suite and penthouse, offering current movies and TV series (new streaming video allows viewing on any mobile device, too); can also order room service, browse the ship’s restaurant menus, watch a destination video and more
- Limited-release movies (often pre-DVD release) shown in the Dolby surround-sound Hollywood Theatre and other ship venues.
New Dining Experiences
As part of the “Evolution of Luxury”, Crystal promises more dining experiences to tempt the most discriminating palates, including:
- Waterside (formerly known as Crystal Dining Room) is now open seating, with an abundance of tables for two and four
- Marketplace (former Lido Café) will feature an open kitchen preparing made-to-order dishes
- Churrascaria – In the evenings, Marketplace will transform into a new Brazilian steakhouse
- Silk will offer Chinese-inspired al fresco dining on deck featuring family-style sharing plates
- Umi Uma is the new name for Nobu Matshuhisa’s only sea-going restaurant, serving Japanese-Peruvian cuisine
- Prego, the Northern Italian specialty restaurant is introducing a new, enhanced menu