Landry & Kling Announces Rock Legends Cruise IV: 64 Concerts by 22 Bands including Peter Frampton, Gregg Allman, Grand Funk Railroad, America, John Kay & Steppenwolf, The Marshall Tucker Band, Randy Bachman, Ace Frehley, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band, Uriah Heep, Foghat, The Outlaws, Rik Emmett, Orianthi, Kim Simmonds & Savoy Brown, The Pat Travers Band and more — all rockin’ out to support the Native American Heritage Association.
MIAMI, June 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Cruise event specialists Landry & Kling are pleased to announce the Native American Heritage Association (NAHA) has only a few cabin categories left for their Rock Legends Cruise IV, the biggest rock music festival at sea, sailing January 21-25, 2016 from Ft. Lauderdale roundtrip to Grand Turk. Now in its fourth year, this is the first rock music cruise charter series backed by a woman.
A sell-out crowd of over 4,000 rock fans are expected to cruise in support of a great cause aboard Royal Caribbean’s Independence of the Seas, chartered by NAHA for 4 nights allowing fans to immerse themselves in a ’round-the-clock showcase of the greatest ever line-up of legendary rock bands performing their greatest hits.
IT BEGAN WITH ONE WOMAN’S VISION
When NAHA President, Pam Myers, sailed on a music cruise several years ago, it ignited her vision: Why not plan a rock cruise as a fundraiser? Her goal: Bring like-minded people together, encourage artists to mingle with fans, and keep costs reasonable with a short cruise and no VIP packages or additional fees – all as a new way to raise money for the charity. A great experience for the fans and the artists AND a successful fundraiser for the charity would equal a “win-win” for everyone involved. NAHA (Native American Heritage Association) is a 4-star charity founded in 1993 by Pam’s father,David Myers. It exists to help in-need Native American families living on South Dakota Reservations.
In pursuit of her vision, Pam approached some well known music cruise organizers who didn’t think she could succeed. “Those guys didn’t understand how persistent I am,” Pam says. So she turned to theme cruise specialists Landry & Kling – a women-owned firm with a staff full of women – who easily related to her mission, and Rock Legends Cruise was born: Pam explained:
“When we started this five years ago, I don’t think any of us imagined how big or how amazing this (incredibly insane) ‘little idea’ would become. But my dad always told me ‘do it well, or don’t do it’, so we set out to be the ‘best of the best’ and we’ve lived and learned with each of our past cruises. All of them had an incredible lineup, but next year, between the remarkable talent, a newer ship on a new itinerary and our ‘legendary’ fans, we fully expect Rock Legends Cruise IV to be the best one yet!”
ROCK LEGENDS CRUISE IV HIGHLIGHTS:
- Fans sail with 22 Rock Legends bands, including Peter Frampton, Gregg Allman, Grand Funk Railroad, America, John Kay & Steppenwolf, The Marshall Tucker Band, Randy Bachman, Ace Frehley, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band, Uriah Heep, Foghat, The Outlaws, Rik Emmett, Orianthi, Kim Simmonds & Savoy Brown, The Pat Travers Band and 6 more exciting Legends.
- Sixty-four festival-style shows planned from 10 AM to 4 AM in various ship soundstages including theaters, lounges, and poolside. See Schedule of Concerts from last cruise.
- The hilarious “Fun Size” stand-up comedy of Brad Williams, a Comedy Central star.
- Along with concerts, Meet & Greets, Q & A forums, autographed memorabilia auction and special events, Rock Legends passengers will enjoy Independence of the Seas’ surf simulator, basketball, mini-golf, rock-climbing, four pools, and variety of dining venues.
- The 4-night voyage includes a day in Grand Turk, in the Turks & Caicos Islands, where visitors can enjoy beautiful beaches, swim with stingrays or watch for migrating whales.
Working closely with NAHA, Landry & Kling has handled all cruise logistics since the original 2011 Cruise.
“Rock Legends IV is going to be a rock festival like no other, with a mind-boggling 64 concerts over 4 days!” said Joyce Landry, CEO of Landry & Kling. “We are honored to team up with Pam Myers and NAHA to fulfill her vision of a fun fundraiser that supports Native Americans, the forgotten minority in this country, while giving rock fans an experience of a lifetime.”
For more information about the cruise and the staterooms still available, see www.rocklegendscruise.com or call 888-666-1499.
ABOUT THE NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE ASSOCIATION
The Native American Heritage Association is celebrating its 22nd year working on reservations in South Dakota and has been rated with 4-stars by Charity Navigator for a total of ten years. More info at: www.naha-inc.org.
ABOUT LANDRY & KLING, EVENTS AT SEA
Since 1982, Landry & Kling Events at Sea has provided cruise solutions and custom cruise planning for ship buy-outs, incentive cruises, cruise meetings, theme cruises and dockside ship charters for global events. For oceans of information, visit landrykling.com or call 800-448-9002.