The Advantages of Cruise Meetings and Incentives
One of the biggest advantages of cruise meetings and recognition programs is the appeal of a unique, sea-going venue. Only 24% of the U.S. adult population has taken a cruise, which means cruising is a new and exciting travel experience that motivates. A ship venue offers many advantages for meeting and group travel planners – here are some of the key advantages of cruise meetings, incentive cruises and group events at sea:
- Better Budget Control. Meals, meeting space, use of Audio-Visual equipment, recreational activities and evening entertainment are all included, meaning better budget control and less out-of-pocket expense for attendees.
- More bang for your buck. Theaters and lounges feature state-of-the-art sound, light and projection systems and built-in décor, saving you considerable time and money and giving your presentations a greater “wow” factor.
- A ship fosters relationship-building and encouraging greater meeting attendance and participation. There are less outside distractions on a ship, so your attendees can focus more on the program agenda.
- Cruises offer multi-generational appeal, so your cruise program will motivate and reward everyone. Kids and teens have their own activities and lounges on ships, making family program planning a breeze.
- Superior Service. Ship staff-to-guest ratio is generally three times that of most resorts, so everyone in your group will receive attentive and personalized service.
- Dining options and changing menus in a variety of venues is one of the greatest advantages of cruise meetings. From elegant dining rooms to intimate specialty restaurants and casual poolside grills, there is something to please every taste – healthy and diet-specific options are always available Guests order “off the menu” and enjoy unlimited servings.
- Adventure and convenience: Your group can visit multiple destinations with comfort and ease on a cruise ship – no extra packing and unpacking. Each day in a new port brings the anticipation of exploration, discovery and adventure; and sharing new travel adventures enhances camaraderie within your organization.
- Planning an international program? Your cruise is purchased in U.S. dollars, so no need to worry about the financial risk of currency fluctuations.
- A unique experience on a ship builds company/brand identity loyalty and lasting relationships to deliver a solid return on investment.
- A secure ship environment, particularly on a cruise ship charter, protects company privacy and reduces risk.