Want to make sure your meeting or incentive travel program doesn’t rise above the “Meh” category? Choose a venue that offers any – or a combination – of the elements listed below. Meet in a destination that includes all 7 and you’re guaranteed a bona fide dud of an event!
- Boring, predictable meals – a limited menu featuring rubber chicken or overcooked fish.
- Uninspired entertainment – not that we have anything against one-man bands or karaoke machines.
- One-size-fits-all daily activities – there are TVs in their rooms, right?
- No fitness options – unless you count long walks from their rooms to the conference center.
- No cross-generational appeal – just focus on one age demographic. Hey, you can’t please everyone!
- Same old, same old experience – “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”
- Many out-of-pocket expenses for organizer and attendees – unless you find a property that includes a free continental breakfast buffet.
Just Say NO to Humdrum Events!
Seriously, you don’t want to plan an uninspiring meeting or incentive program that fails to motivate, right? Have no fear, intrepid meeting pros, there are plenty of venues that guarantee your event will be nothing short of extraordinary!
7 Ways to Ensure Event Inspiration and Motivation
Simply include these 7 ingredients:
- Plenty of culinary options – No shortage of menu choices, and lots of healthy options! Cruise ships include a variety of dining venues, from elegant dining rooms to casual waterfront restaurants – with snacks available round-the-clock. Meals are complimentary in the main restaurant and casual cafes – plus most ships offer optional specialty dining for a nominal upcharge.
- Top-notch entertainment – From Broadway shows and big-name entertainers to daring aerialists and interactive dinner shows, there’s never a shortage of first-class evening entertainment. Prefer a comedy club or sophisticated jazz lounge? Ships have those, too – and you don’t have to plan it, source it, or pay for it!
- A variety of activities and enrichment choices – When meetings are over, there are plenty of activities and spaces where attendees can unwind or connect. Sports decks, movie theaters, world-renowned spas and wellness centers, culinary institutes and digital workshops…just to name a few.
- Fitness options that are also fun – Multi-story sports decks, ropes courses, state-of-the-art fitness centers, high-tech indoor cycling studios, Zumba classes and many choices of active excursions ashore…staying healthy has never been this fun!
- Motivational appeal for all generations – Cruise ships have multi-generational appeal, offering pampering spas, golf simulators, sports decks, multiple choices of dining and entertainment venues, adults-only serenity areas and kids programming for various age groups.
- Unique experiences – Meet in a variety of creative, comfortable ship venues including conference centers, lounges and theaters – inspiring spaces spark creative thinking! Your group will find unique experiences both onboard the ship and ashore in destinations best seen by ocean or river vessels (e.g. Alaska, the Greek Isles, Vienna & Budapest).
- More program inclusions – Looking for an all-inclusive venue? How does this sound: Visit multiple places in one trip with complimentary meals & snacks, evening entertainment, sport and fitness centers, daily activities and classes, meeting space and use of A.V. equipment.
Luxury cruise lines also include wine & spirits, all veranda-suite accommodations, gratuities, butler service and free Wi-Fi in selected suites – some even include shore excursions!