When planning a meeting or incentive at sea!
As a meeting planning pro, you know the devil’s in the details. And chances are you’re challenged with adding unique experiences while keeping a close eye on your bottom line. Have you considered booking a “floating hotel”? A cruise can ease your planning, simplify your budget, and create memorable experiences not possible at a land-based venue.
Do you ever find yourself saying…
1.How much is the meeting room fee?
Shipboard conference and meeting facilities are always complimentary, with various setup styles available.
Celebrity Reflection Conference Center
2. We’ll have to bring our own A/V equipment to save money.
Use of A/V equipment is included on a ship, plus many lounges and theaters have state-of-the-art multimedia technology built in.
3. Let’s block “run of house” rooms and hope we don’t get parking lot views.
Everyone has a room with a stunning ocean (or river) view, maybe even a private balcony!
4. What does the resort tax include?
You’ll never find a mystery resort tax added to your cruise folio.
5. We don’t have the budget to include entertainment this year.
A variety of evening entertainment choices is included during your cruise. How do Broadway productions, Las Vegas acts, jazz clubs, deck parties and movies “under the stars” sound?
6. Attendees won’t mind paying for their meals “out of pocket”.
Meals are always included in a variety of dining venues; and for your “foodies”, specialty restaurants charge just a nominal fee.
7. The “rubber chicken” banquet entree sound fabulous!
No pricey or boring banquet menus to pore over – attendees can order from restaurant menus that change daily.
8. Can we negotiate complimentary use of the property’s fitness center?
Never a fee to use the ship’s fitness center or facilities on the sports decks…and did we mention the views?
Hapag-Lloyd Europa Fitness Center
9. What can we plan for spouses and guests while attendees are in meetings?
There’s so much to do on a ship – they’ll never be bored! Guests (and attendees during leisure time) can relax on the pool deck, take an enrichment class, work out in the Fitness Center, book a spa treatment, climb a rock wall overlooking the sea, play a round of mini-golf…
Norwegian Breakaway Sports Complex
10. How can we get attendees excited about meeting in a second tier city?
Meeting on a ship and sailing to several enticing ports of call is way more motivating than a land-locked program…they’ll wake up every day in a new destination and only have to unpack once!
BONUS! If you charter a cruise ship for your meeting or event, you’ll never have to say:
11. What other groups will be on board…will our meeting be secure?
You’ll have exclusive use of all the ship’s facilities, complete privacy, and freedom to customize the entire cruise experience!
Here’s what you will hear a meeting-at-sea planner (and attendees) say:
That was our best event ever!