New Cruise Ship Technology Designed to Elevate Guest Service
Carnival Corporation is ready to launch new technology on Princess ships to deliver an unprecedented level of personalized passenger service. Dubbed the “world’s first interactive guest experience platform”, the Ocean Medallion is a quarter-sized device that guests can carry in their pocket or wear as a wristband or pendant.
The Ocean Medallion Benefits Include:
• Streamline and expedite port embarkation and disembarkation
• Allow guests to access their staterooms as they approach the door
• Locate friends and family around the cruise ship
• Enable guests to purchase merchandise without any transaction, cards, or paper
• Deliver enhanced dining experiences based on personal food and beverage preferences
• Power an array of interactive gaming and immersive entertainment experiences
• Significantly enhance interactions with crew members
Ocean Medallion Class Cruising
The “Ocean Medallion Class” technology experience is more personal and simple than what is currently found at sea. The Ocean Medallion device pairs with an optional personalized digital concierge called the Ocean Compass, a digital experience portal available online, on smart devices, on kiosks in homeports, on stateroom TVs, on interactive surfaces located throughout the cruise ship and on devices carried by all guest service hosts.
Both tech innovations hold guests’ unique digital identities and communicate with readers throughout the ship and in select ports, allowing the crew to offer more personalized service. Ships will be fitted with numerous sensors, 4,000 digital screens and 75 miles of wiring so gadgets can track guests and help with drinks, room service, booking shore excursions and spa treatments.
Where to Find Ocean Medallion Technology
The new cruise ship technology will debut on Royal Princess in November 2017, then Regal Princess and Caribbean Princess in early 2018. Ocean Medallion Class is scheduled to be rolled out across the entire Princess fleet over multiple years, and then will be available to all Carnival Corporation brands, including Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America, Cunard Line, and Seabourn.