One of the hottest “big ship” trends we’ve noticed is the addition of more perks, exclusive facilities, and upscale experiences for cruise ship suite guests.
This is great news for meeting and incentive travel planners who want to offer their VIP attendees an intimate luxury cruise experience without sacrificing the myriad choices of dining and entertainment venues found on bigger ships.
Cruise lines including Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, MSC Cruises, and Princess have all rolled out new VIP Suite perks and private access areas, so your suite guests can enjoy their own “ship within a ship” and still take advantage of Broadway-style shows, the casino, plus exciting onboard sports and other activities offered throughout the ship.
How cruise ship suite life is getting sweeter:
- Premium Services – Suite passengers are offered special VIP options, including expedited embarking and disembarking, concierge service, priority seating for restaurants and front-row seats to shows in the theater.
- Exclusive Venues– Suite guests have access to private areas of the ship that might include lounges, restaurants, pool decks, spa and fitness facilities.
- Special Suite Amenities – From espresso machines and jacuzzis to telescopes and pianos, cruise line suites offer a variety of above-and-beyond amenities.
- WiFi Included – Many cruise lines now offer complimentary high-speed internet access for suite guests.
- High-End Décor and Designs – Suites have been designed with top-of-the-line details ranging from designer linens and décor to marble and mahogany furnishings; some feature lofts and wraparound balconies.
- Personal Butlers and Suite Stewards – Suite guests are often welcomed with personal butlers and suite stewards.
- Complimentary Beverage Services – Booking a suite on some cruise lines opens the door to unlimited beverages including a personal mini bar.